** SPOTS AVAILABLE IN ALL GRADES AND CAN APPLY FOR ADMISSION AT ANY TIME**
Thank you so much for considering St Joseph's School! Children are our most precious gifts and we are so honoured and humbled that you've taken the time to learn about our school!
St Joseph's School is a loving and caring learning community committed to academic excellence and fostering the growth of the whole child. Our work is infused by the teachings of Jesus Christ. The smaller size of our school nurtures a strong sense of community. Our dedicated staff and parents collaborate to inspire the growth of all children so they can become their best selves.
If you have any questions or would like a tour, please get in touch.
Some of the things that make our school shine:
- Religious education that focuses on Christian values
- An experienced team of educators dedicated to helping all children learn and be well prepared on their learning journey
- A school culture that encourages learners to be safe, helpful, accountable, respectful and positive
- Use of the BC Ministry of Education’s K – 7 Curriculum
- Extended French instruction for grades taught by a specialist teacher
- Music instruction from K-7 taught by a specialist teacher
- Extracurricular sports and activities
- Delicious hot lunches made on site
- A high staff to learner ratio
- An emphasis on being S.H.A.R.P. – Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Respectful and Positive
Priority for enrolment
- Siblings of children already enrolled at St Joseph’s
- Practising Catholic families belonging to our parish and Catholic families moving in from other communities
- Children who have attended our PreKindergarten program
- Everyone on a first come, first serve basis base on available space
- Admission is contingent on the school being able to privide a program for your child.
- the school’s ability to meet the child’s particular needs.
- the enrolment priorities outlined above
- commitment the that child will participate in the entire educational programme of the school, including religious education and celebrations
The class size is typically 25 or fewer children, with the principal having the discretion to add additional students.
Kindergarten Application Procedure
We will be opening up registration for the 24-25 Kindergarten class starting February 12th by phone.
Feb. 12-13: Registration for siblings of existing STJ families and Catholic Families - Registration starts at 8am
Feb. 14-15: Registration for currently enrolled Pre Kindergarten students - Registration starts at 10am
Feb. 16 and onward: Registration for all grades opens to the general public - Registration starts at 8am
Children must be 5 years old on or before December 31, 2024. All registrations require an appointment. Please call the school at 250-847-9414 on the appropriate dates outlined above.
Grades 1-7 Application Procedure
- You are most welcome to contact the school if you have any questions or to arrange a tour prior to applying for admissions.
- We warmly invite you to start the application process by completing the form attached below. It can be completed digitally or printed. Signatures aren't required on the digital copy until after meeting with the principal. Once complete you are welcome to email or drop it off at the school.
- Once the admissions application has been received, families will be invited to meet with the principal to discuss the school's philosophy, programming, and expectations. The parish priest may attend part of the meeting to help discucss the religious nature of the school
- After meeting and a review of applications based on the above policy, offers of admission will be made. Those who accept offers of admissions will be registered
As an independent school, St Joseph’s receives 50% of the funding that a public school receives per student for operating expenses. We receive no government funding for capital expenditures. Tuition is tax deductable. A tuition fee is charged to help bridge the gap in funding:
Please contact the school for the most recent school Tuition fees.